Research guide to chemical engineering resources.
Table of Contents
New Chem & ChemEng Faculty Publications
Updated weekly, below are new articles by faculty in Stanford's Chemistry Department and Chemical Engineering Department from the Web of Science (WoS) database. Only users with a current SUNet ID can view full WoS records.
- Simulation of microparticle inhalation in rhesus monkey airways
- Detecting and Controlling Dye Effects in Single-Virus Fusion Experiments
- A Myt1 family transcription factor defines neuronal fate by repressing non-neuronal genes
- Precious Metal-Free Nickel Nitride Catalyst for the Oxygen Reduction Reaction
- The CM carbonaceous chondrite regolith Diepenveen
- Electric fields and enzyme catalysis
- In-situ scattering techniques to study synthesis and crystallization processes of colloidal nanocrystals
- Uncovering the details of methane combustion on palladium catalysts using well-defined nanocrystal precursors
- Layered double hydroxide nanosheets decorated with metal or metal oxides for oxygen evolution and reduction reactions
- PotentialNet for molecular property prediction
- PotentialNet: Step-change improvement in ADME-Tox prediction with deep featurization
- Comparison of random forest and deep learning approaches for ADMET endpoint prediction
- Colloidal synthesis of powder catalysts with well-defined nanoparticle ensembles
- Density-dependent deactivation mechanism in supported catalysts by high-temperature decomposition of particles into single atoms
- Photocatalytic CO2 reduction using hybrid nanoporous catalysts
- Observing hydrogen intercalation into palladium thin films using in situ grazing incidence x-ray diffraction and x-ray reflectivity
- Nonadiabatic photodynamics of the retinal protonated Schiff base in channelrhodopsin 2
- Effects of polymer coatings on electrodeposited lithium metal
- Proton control in electrochemical ammonia synthesis
- Quantitative protocol for the electroreduction of N2 to NH3 under ambient conditions
- Gaseous carbon waste streams uilization: Status and research needs
- High-temperature crystallization of nanocrystals into three-dimensional superlattices
New Stanford Chemical Engineering Dept. theses
Futurity: news from leading research universities
- System finds 130 compounds that could save citrus
- 100-year-old ship logs offer history of Arctic sea ice
- These drugs land EDM partiers in the hospital
- How investors can avoid the ‘infatuation effect’
- Gun retailers could help prevent suicide
- Being an omnivore is actually quite odd
- 39% of straight couples now meet online
- Brown fat may clear obesity-linked amino acids from blood
- College educated women drink more booze
- Could treatments for tinnitus target brain inflammation?
This page contains information to help you stay up-to-date. It includes alerting services that will notify you when newly added items in a database match your search criteria, current awareness publications that you can browse or search, and calendars to meetings and events.
As part of the process, determine where you want to store citations of interest. For example, consider saving citations in a bibliography management tool. Do you want to have alerts sent to you by email? Or, do you want to use an RSS news feed aggregator like Feedly to provide access to new items.
Current awareness publications
Below is a selected list of databases. For a more comprehensive list of chemistry and chemical engineering databases at Stanford, please see: http://library.stanford.edu/swain/databases/databases-z
SearchWorks, the library catalog for the Stanford Libraries includes authors, titles, descriptions, and subjects for books, journals, conference proceedings, theses, etc. Please choose a database to find journal articles. Use xSearch for full-text searching of ebooks and journal articles.
NEW: Use Articles+ to find articles.
New eBooks in TPs
In the Library of Congress Classification System, TP is used for Chemical Engineering materials.
New print books @ Swain Library
Below is a list of the latest print books received at the Swain Library.
Featured ebook collection
Selected Library of Congress Subject Headings are grouped into four broad categories below.
When you click on a link, a saved search is run in SearchWorks showing you items the library has acquired to date that was given that subject heading.
General Chemical Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Industrial Microbiology
- Microbial Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
If there are other subjects that you'd like to have added to this list, please contact Grace Baysinger (graceb[at]stanford.edu).
- Modeling Segregation in Granular Flows
- Harnessing Nature's Anaerobes for Biotechnology and Bioprocessing
- Perspectives on Low-Temperature Electrolysis and Potential for Renewable Hydrogen at Scale
- On Radical-Induced Ignition in Combustion Systems
- Polymer-Based Marine Antifouling and Fouling Release Surfaces: Strategies for Synthesis and Modification
Popular ChE encyclopedias
Major reference works
Site-licensed by Science Library
The Robin Li and Melissa Ma Science Library has purchased campus-wide site licenses for several products. Access to all of these products is limited to current Stanford students, faculty, and staff.
This page includes educational resources, web gateways, and organizations.