This guide contains selected library resources on natural products.
Table of Contents
Natural products news from Nature.com
- Total synthesis of terpenes via palladium-catalysed cyclization strategy
- Improving the drug-likeness of inspiring natural products - evaluation of the antiparasitic activity against Trypanosoma cruzi through semi-synthetic and simplified analogues of licarin A
- Resveratrol and its Related Polyphenols Contribute to the Maintenance of Genome Stability
- A tell-tale absence
- Unifying principles of bifunctional, proximity-inducing small molecules
Search multiple resources at one time
This page includes featured and new books on natural products plus books on biocatalysis, bioengineering, biotransformation (metabolism), carbohydrates, enzymes biotechnology, evolutionary genetics, genetic engineering, glycomics, glycosides, lipids, metabolites (secondary), microbial genetics, molecular evolution, phytochemicals, plants (medicinal), proteomics, protein engineering, RNA protein interactions, and synthetic biology. It also includes three book series covering natural products.
Featured and new books
- Asymmetric synthesis of natural products
- Bioactive natural products
- Chemistry of plant natural products
- Heterocycles in natural product synthesis
- Indole ring synthesis : from natural products to drug discovery
- Natural products and cancer drug discovery
- Natural products from marine algae
- Natural products in chemical biology
- Natural Products in Medicinal Chemistry
- Neuroprotective natural products
- Stereoselective synthesis of drugs and natural products
Books on biotransformation (metabolism)
Books on metabolites, secondary
Book series on natural products
Progress in the chemistry of organic natural products
"The volumes of this classic series, now referred to simply as "Zechmeister" after its founder, L. Zechmeister, have appeared under the Springer imprint ever since the series was founded in 1938. The volumes contain contributions on various topics related to the origin, distribution, chemistry, synthesis, biochemistry, function or use of various classes of naturally occurring substances ranging from small molecules to biopolymers. Each contribution is written by a recognized authority in his field and provides a comprehensive and up-to-date review of the topic in question. Addressed to biologists, technologists and chemists alike, the series can be used by the expert as a source of information and literature citations and by the non-expert as a means of orientation in a rapidly developing discipline." (publisher's description)
This page includes major references works and encyclopedias.
This page includes handbooks and dictionaries.
v.2 Pentacyclic Triterpenoids - covers the physical characteristics and spectral data of 1500 pentacyclic triterpenes reported until the end of 1990. The compounds are arranged according to their chemical structures in various subclasses, and within each subclass they are arranged in order of increasing molecular weight. The UV, IR, (1)H-NMR and (13)C-NMR and MS spectral data are given in descending orders of magnitude. Data are also presented, where available, on simple derivatives of the alkaloids. CAS Registry Numbers are also given. The book is thoroughly indexed, containing a compound index, molecular weight index, molecular formula index, compound type index and plant source index, which should greatly facilitate the task of the reader in searching for individual compounds
v. 3 Isoquinoline Alkaloids - Isoquinoline alkaloids represent one of the two largest groups of alkaloids, the other being indole alkaloids. The present volume, which is the third of this series, describes the spectral data of about 700 isoquinoline alkaloids and covers the literature up to 1992. The compounds are arranged according to their structural types in various subclasses. Within each subclass they are arranged in order of increasing molecular weight. Compounds in the same subclass and having the same molecular weight are arranged in order of increasing carbon number.