Table of Contents
Properties quick search
Finding Properties/Spectra for Known Substance
- (Str) = can search by chemical structure.
Print spectral resources
Swain Reference Books on Spectra
Spectral Resources - Selected Textbooks
Compounds, reactions, syntheses
- (Str) = can search by chemical structure
- (Rxn) = can search by drawing chemical reaction
Find Key Literature References
The Dictionary of Organic Compounds includes key literature references to spectra, crystallography, synthesis, and review papers.
Locating full-text from references:
Search the Two Largest Chemistry Databases
It is possible to search Reaxys and SciFinder by a chemical structure, reaction scheme, and bibliographic data. Reaxys is the largest handbook of physical property data and includes links to articles that contain spectra. SciFinder is the largest chemistry database and is compiling handbook type of information - properties and links to spectral diagrams - in the full display of chemical substance records.
Check Synthesis, Reaction, & Reference Materials
Site-licensed by Swain Library
Swain Library has purchased campus-wide site licenses for several products. Access to all of these products is limited to current Stanford students, faculty, and staff.
Some software licensed by Swain Library is also accessible using a web browser and Citrix plugin via CDSERVER. For more information, please see instructions for off-campus access to resources.
ChemOffice Professional / ChemDraw Professional
Instructions to Download & Install ChemDraw Professional
1. Account Verification: go to http://sitelicense.cambridgesoft.com/sitelicense.cfm?sid=188 and enter Stanford domain email address.
2. Create Account/login to CambridgeSoft website and then view "Services" on middle right side of page.
a. Download software: click on "My Site License"
b. Get Registration Code: click on "My Downloads." (Please contact Grace Baysinger (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you do not see a Registration Code.)
3. Copy and paste Registration Code and activate software during installation process.