Table of Contents
Journal article databases
- Academic Search Premier
- A multidisciplinary database which provides full-text for over 4,650 scholarly publications, more than 3,600 of them peer-reviewed. Includes topics in the social sciences, humanities, general science, education and most areas of academic study. Abstracts and indexing provided for 8,200 journals in the collection. Coverage is from 1965 to the present.
- Africa-wide: NiPAD
- This database provides users with access to more than two million records, including South Africa studies and African studies.
- Bibliography of Asian Studies
- Provides citations to western-language periodical articles, chapters in edited volumes, conference proceedings, anthologies, Festschriften, etc. pertaining to east, southeast, and south Asia. Covers 1971 to the present, including full data from the print editions from 1971-1991.
- Communication and mass media complete
- Offers information from over 600 journals in communication, mass media and related fields; includes abstracts, indexing, bibliographical citations and author profiles, as well as full text from more 240 titles.
- Environment Index
- "Offers deep coverage in applicable areas of agriculture, ecosystem ecology, energy, natural resources, marine & freshwater science, geography, pollution & waste management, environmental technology, environmental law, public policy, social impacts, urban planning, and more. Environment Index contains more than 1,590,000 records from 1,500 domestic and international titles going back to the 1950s (including 960 active core titles) as well as 100 monographs. Environment Index also features an in-depth thesaurus, and author profiles will be provided for 3,000 authors in the discipline."
- The Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC) is a national information system designed to provide users with ready access to an extensive body of education-related literature. ERIC, established in 1966, is supported by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Educational Research and Improvement, and the National Library of Education.
- Ethnic News Watch
- Full text articles from newspapers and periodicals published by the ethnic, minority and native press in the U.S. Coverage is from 1960 to date.
- Full text collection of journals, magazines, newsletters, regional publications, books, booklets and pamphlets, conference proceedings and governmental n-g-o and special reports devoted to women's and gender issues. Contains materials dating back to the 1970's.
- Global health
- Global Health covers public health, human nutrition, parasitic, communicable and tropical diseases and medicinal plants. Publications from over 158 countries in 50 languages are abstracted, and all relevant non-English language papers are translated to give access to research not available through other databases. Includes proceedings, patents, theses, electronic only publications and other difficult-to-obtain sources are included. 1973-present; archive 1910-present.
- IBSS - International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- Bibliographic database compiled by the British Library of Political and Economic Science of the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- LexisNexis Statistical Insight
- Provides statistical data from U.S. government publications from 1973, state and private sources from 1980, and international organizations from 1983.
- Project Muse
- Features a collection of online scholarly journals that focuses on the humanities, social sciences, and mathematics.
- Proquest Research Library
- Provides online access to an extensive collection of full-text articles from journals across a wide range of subject areas, including business, education, literature, political science, and psychology. User interface available in Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, and Turkish.
- SCOPUS - Social Sciences
- SCOPUS is the largest abstract and citation database, including peer-reviewed titles from international publishers, Open Access journals, conference proceedings, trade publications, quality web sources.
- Social Science Citation Index
- An international, multidisciplinary index to the literature of the social, behavioral, and related sciences.
- Sociological Abstracts
- Sociological Abstracts abstracts and indexes the international literature in sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences. The database provides abstracts of journal articles and citations to book reviews drawn from over 1,800+ serials publications, and also provides abstracts of books, book chapters, dissertations, and conference papers.
- Sociology - Sage Journals Online
- See also "Journals" tab.
- Urban Studies Abstracts
- Urban Studies Abstracts includes bibliographic records covering essential areas related to urban studies, including urban affairs, community development, urban history, and other areas of key relevance to the discipline. Records are selected from many of the top titles within the discipline, including Journal of Urban Affairs, Urban Studies, and Canadian Journal of Urban Research.
- Women and social movements, international : 1840 to present
- Online archive of published and manuscript primary sources focusing on women's international activism since the mid-nineteenth century. The archive includes proceedings of women's international conferences, books, pamphlets, articles from newspapers and journals, as well as correspondence, diary entries, and memoirs. It is also rich in online publications of contemporary Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Worldwide political science abstracts
- CSA Worldwide Political Science Abstracts is building on the merged backfiles of Political Science Abstracts, published by IFI/Plenum, 1975-2000, and ABC POL SCI, published by ABC-CLIO, 1984-2000. The database provides citations, abstracts, and indexing of the international serials literature in political science and its complementary fields, including international relations, law, and public administration/policy
NGO's IGO's & the World Bank
- Intergovernmental Search Engine
- "This is a search engine for students, faculty, researchers, and officials who are doing research in intergovernmental organization topics. The IGO Search searches across hundreds of IGO websites, enabling users to research topics such as active IGOs working on HIV/AIDS in Uganda."
Non-governmental Organizations Search Engine
- Non-governmental organizations search
- "Search of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) websites. Sites were chosen based on their consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) and also collated from University of Minnesota Human Rights Library, Duke University Libraries' NGO Research Guide, and the World Association of Non-Governmental Organizations (WANGO)."