Use these sources to help you pick a topic and to provide context to your research based argument.
- "Citizenship," in Encyclopedia of Race, Ethnicity, and Society. (online only)
- Encyclopedia of American immigration. 3 vols. (IC)
- Governments of the world: a global guide to citizens' rights and responsibilities. 4 vols., also online (IC)
- Immigration and asylum: from 1900 to the present. 3 vols. (IC)
- International migration outlook. Annual report by the OECD. (IC Stats)
Selected subject terms:
- Citizenship acquisition and national belonging: migration, membership and the liberal democratic state.
- Narratives of citizenship: indigenous and diasporic peoples unsettle the nation-state.
*BROWSE call number JC571 in Bing Wing, West Stacks W4.
BROWSE online- limit by TOPIC on the left
- Academic Search Premier - "choose databases" to add: Alternative Press Index, America: History and Life, Left Index
- Congressional Research Service Reports - for DREAM Act, current topics
- Refworld = Refmonde. A collection of databases developed by the UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency
- Research Library - ProQuest general database, add PAIS International in print(Public Affairs Information Service); good political source, 1915-, add more at the top of the page.
- F.A.I.R.: Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting - media criticism, online news sources - including alternative news, publishes EXTRA! (online and in Current Periodicals)
- Znet: a community of people committed to social change
- Pew Research Center topics: Immigration