The Stanford Libraries will adjust its hours for the upcoming Intersession and Winter Break. The university's academic calendar has been shifted this year to extend the usual two-week Winter Break by one week. As in years past, Green Library will modify its hours for Intersession. During Winter Break, when the university is closed, hours and services will be further reduced. When planning your visit to Stanford Libraries during this time, please consult the Libraries hours webpage.
Intersession Hours (November 21-December 11, 2020)
After the close of day Friday, November 20, Green Library will begin operating on a Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 4:30 pm schedule, and be closed on weekends. The Libraries will observe the university holidays for Thanksgiving, closing Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27.
Winter Break Hours (December 12, 2020-January 3, 2021)
During the university's Winter Closure, the Libraries' hours and services will further be reduced; please plan accordingly.
- Request and pickup of library materials will be temporarily suspended until January 5, 2021.
- The Special Collections Reading Room will be closed.
- Green Library will be the only library physically open, and connecting to e-resources remains available 24/7.
Green will be open on the following days while the university is closed for winter break:
- Tues., December 15, 2020 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Weds., December 16, 2020 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Tues., December 22, 2020 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Tues., December 29, 2020 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Weds., December 30, 2020 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
January Intersession (January 4-January 8)
On Tuesday, January 5, 2021 the Libraries will resume the Request and Pick-up Service and reopen Green Library from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm through Friday, January 8. The Special Collections Reading Room will resume operations.
Winter Quarter Hours resume January 10
Green Library will be open Sunday, January 10 from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm and resume a schedule of Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sunday 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm. The Request and Pick-up Service will also be available during Winter Quarter, and please check the hours for the Special Collections Reading Room, which will remain available by appointment only.
If you have questions about a specific branch library's hours, please visit the hours webpage.