I build the library collections in the area of Islamic and Middle Eastern studies by purchase and solicitation of gifts in the languages of the Middle East and Islamic World as well as European languages about the subjects. I also serve as a research resource for students, faculty and visiting scholars needing assistance in locating needed research materials.
- BA, Political Science (Middle East Studies), Portland State University
- Advanced Arabic, Harvard University
- Arabic literature, American University in Cairo
- MALS (Library Science), University of Michigan
- AM, Near Eastern Languages & Literature (Turkish), University of Michigan
Middle East Studies Association, Electronic Publications Committee
Middle East Librarians Association, various offices and committees.
The Islamic Manuscript Association, member
Middle East Microform Project, Executive Committee