Rebecca's role in the library
I am the Head of Stanford University Libraries Department of Access Services. My department is comprised of 7 units. With the help of an excellent team of managers and staff, this department keeps library inventory accessible and under control.
- Circulation & Library Privileges: policies for SUL, circulation for the main library, library card and memberships issuance
- Media & Microtext Center: non-paper media collections such as DVDs, games, microfilm
- Green Library Stacks: management of 3 million volumes in the main campus library
- Stanford Auxiliary Library 1&2: an on-campus library of overflow collections from across all disciplines. A small reading room, 1 million volumes on compact shelving, and an active paging program
- Stanford Auxiliary Library 3 (SAL3): a high-density cold storage preservation facility in Livermore for 2.8 million items with active accessioning and delivery program to campus
- Stanford Auxiliary Library - Newark: immense storage and retrieval program for archival newspaper collections from around the world
- Collection Transfers & Google Books Library Partnership: Planning and supporting large collection moves between campus libraries and to off campus storage.
I am a member of several Stanford groups:
- Stanford Community Emergency Response Team (earthquake and disaster response)
- Campus Card Advisory Group (University ID card services)
- Online Experience Group (web site redesign and maintence team for SUL)