Health and Safety
Contact conference organizers at email@example.com.
24-Hour Emergency Medical Help
Stanford Police Department
711 Serra St.
Stanford, CA 94305
Office: (M-F 8am-5pm)
Non Emergency: (24 hrs/365)
In an emergency, dial 911.
From a University phone, dial 9-911.
Fantastic Futures is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
- Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination.
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
- Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately
- If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, event organisers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference [with no refund].
- Event organisers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
- We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities.
- If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event.
You can make a personal report by:
- Contacting individual conference staff:
Svein Arne Brygfjeld: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Cramer: email@example.com
Jib Kiattinant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicole Coleman: email@example.com
Claudia Engel: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contacting a staff member, identified by STAFF badges, buttons, or shirts.
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other event staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we'll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we'll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won't be asked to confront anyone and we won't tell anyone who you are. Our team will be happy to help you contact hotel/venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.