The DMPTool is an online tool that includes data management plan templates for many of the large funding agencies that require such plans, including
- The Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
- Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF), including many individual directorates
The tool includes general guidance, links to helpful documentation, issues to consider, and specific questions to think about as you prepare your data management plan. Space is provided to compose a response for each of the main areas that your funding agency would like for you to address in your plan. You can save and come back to your plan as often as you like. When you are finished, you can export your plan in plain text format and insert it into your grant proposal.
Accessing the DMPTool
Click on the button below to log in to the DMPTool using your SUNet ID and begin creating your data management plan.
Current news about the DMPTool from California Digital Libraries