Download and install software
We have a campus-wide site license to OriginPro that is available to all current students, faculty, and staff at Stanford. Versions available include PC and Mac but not Linux. Mac users: see Running Origin on a Mac using Virtualization Software
- Existing users: please submit a request for a new license key with the new expiration date.
- New users: please register to create an account and after confirming, then login and request a license key.
Please follow the instructions below to install a copy of OriginPro on your computer. You do not have to be connected to the network to use the program after it has been installed.
Create account and request license key:
- Create account: Register to create an account and then logout. Only email addresses that end in @stanford.edu or @slac.stanford.edu will be approved. You will receive an email message asking you to confirm your new account.
- Request license key: Login and go to the Product Key Request page to request a new license key. After being reviewed and approved by Grace Baysinger, Aparna Sharma, or Cristina Flores-Herrera, a license key will be emailed to you from OriginLab. Note: the license key you receive only works on one computer. Please contact us if you need another license key (e.g. have two computers or get a new computer).
Download the latest OriginPro installation files:
- You must be in administrator mode to install the software.
- Tip: If you are not prompted to login as an administrator, after downloading the software drag the icon to your desktop and then right click. Choose run as administrator.
- After installing OriginPro, activate it by going to Help in the menu at the top of the page and selecting About Origin. Then click on the License button and enter the Product Key.
"Origin is the data analysis and graphing software with an easy-to-use interface for beginners, combined with the ability to perform advanced customization as you become more familiar with the application.
Origin graphs and analysis results can automatically update on data or parameter change, allowing you to create templates for repetitive tasks or to perform batch operations from the user interface, without the need for programming. Extend the capabilities in Origin by installing free Apps available from their website. Connect with other applications such as MATLAB™, LabVIEW™ or Microsoft© Excel, or create custom routines within Origin using our scripting and C languages, embedded Python, or the R console.
Take your data analysis to the next level with OriginPro. In addition to all of Origin's features, OriginPro offers advanced analysis tools and Apps for Peak Fitting, Surface Fitting, Statistics and Signal Processing." (publisher's description) Learn more and see Origin v.s. OriginPro comparison table.