License terms for Schrödinger software at Stanford
At a glance:
- Limited to current students, faculty, and staff at Stanford (cannot be shared with third parties).
- Only available for academic research and educational purposes.
- Prohibits funding support by commercial organizations if research results include ownership of intellectual property, commercial or proprietary interest, or rights in the outcome.
- Use of the software for commercial purposes such as patenting research results requires users to buy a commercial version of the software.
- Prohibits users from modifying, decompiling, or creating derivative works of the software.