Robin Li and Melissa Ma Science Library
After-four hour access is an individual privilege granted to users who have a demonstrated need for around-the-clock access to the Science Library’s collection in order to support their teaching and research needs. Request after-hour access in person in the library or send a message to email@example.com.
These user groups are eligible for after-hour access:
- All Stanford University faculty.
- All graduate students and postdocs in the Departments of Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mathematics, and Statistics.
- Graduate students and postdocs from other Stanford departments who have a letter of support from their faculty advisor. Faculty should send the letter of support to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Selected research, academic, and administrative staff may be eligible for after-hour access to the Science Library. Please contact email@example.com.
The after-hour access privilege cannot be shared or transferred, and it must not be used to let others into the library.
Policies and procedures
Users who have after-hour access to the Science Library must abide by these rules. Violators may lose after-hours access.
- Attending a Science Library orientation tour:
- An orientation tour is required before after-hour access is activated.
- Tours are by appointment only.
- You must present an active Stanford ID, have an @stanford.edu email address in the library's circulation system, and complete an application form.
- Entering the library when it is closed:
- At closing, all users must exit the library and reenter using their Stanford ID card.
- Access is an individual privilege and cannot be shared with others. Do not open the door for anyone or allow anyone to enter with you.
- All users must be prepared to show their Stanford ID card.
- Using the library when it is closed:
- Be sure to check out each item before removing it from the library.
- The reserve collection is not available when the library is closed.
- Only public computers may be used. Do not use staff computers.
- No eating or drinking in the library (bottled water is okay).
- Do not enter staff areas.
- Leaving the library:
- Please make sure that the library door is closed and locked.
- The door should not be propped open for any reason.
- If you are the last one leaving the library, please close all windows and turn off all lights.
- After-hours access is discontinued:
- If you leave Stanford or are not currently registered.
- If library borrowing privileges are blocked contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If privilege is misused by loaning an ID card to others or letting others into the library.
- If a user is eating or drinking in the library (bottled water is okay).
- Reporting problems: