The Public Services Division provides PDF scans, high-resolution tiffs, and digital surrogates of media: audiocassettes, VHS tapes, DVDs, CDs, and reel-to-reel tapes.
- We scan documents up to 100 pages as a PDF file.
- Requests take from 1-2 weeks to complete.
- We will decline requests if documents are too fragile.
High-resolution scans (tiff files)
- In the case of high-resolution scans, the patron will remove documents from the collection to be submitted to the Reading Room desk staff. We provide high-resolution scans (600 dpi) necessary for publications. This procedure will be explained by Public Service staff.
- If requesting high resolution scans through email, please make sure to provide exact citations (i.e. Collection Number, Collection Name, Box Number, Folder Number, and item description) so that we scan the correct item. If possible, send us a jpeg of the image also so that there is no confusion.
- We will address cost of services upon receipt of request.
- Provide citations of specific items for duplication.
- Upon receipt of request, items will be recalled from storage and sent to our Digital Labs. Depending upon the nature of the media, requests may take from 1- 4 weeks to fulfil.
- Digital files will be sent via Stanford Box.
- Audio and video cassettes cost $20/item for duplication.
It is the patron's sole responsibility to determine copyright status and to obtain any required permission from the copyright holder. Other legal restrictions in addition to copyright, such as privacy, publicity and trademark rights, may also limit a researcher's use of library materials.