Request and pick up
Limited collections available
You can request library materials from several collections, for pickup at Green Library. These collections include:
- Art & Architecture (Bowes)
- Earth Sciences (Branner)
- Education (Cubberley)
- Engineering (Terman)
- Green, including Media & Microtext
- Marine Biology (Miller)
- Science (Li and Ma)
- Stanford Auxiliary Libraries (SAL) 1, 2, or 3
Who can request materials?
The current Stanford ID cardholders listed below are eligible to request items.
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate students
- Faculty, including emeriti
- Stanford Visiting Scholars
If you are eligible for limited access to library spaces, you can also request materials from Special Collections, the David Rumsey Map Center and the locked stacks of the Art & Architecture (Bowes) Library to view in Special Collections. See our page on limited access to library spaces for more information on how to request materials to view in Special Collections.
How does it work?
- Request eligible materials in SearchWorks, our online catalog.
- We will find the materials and prepare them for pickup.
- Once the materials are ready, we will notify you and ask you to schedule an appointment to pick up the materials at the East entrance of Green Library. Please note that your pickup appointment will not grant you admittance into the rest of the library.
- Before you arrive, please review our entry requirements.
- When you arrive, be prepared to show:
- your Health Check status
- your current Stanford University ID card
- your appointment confirmation