SciELO Citation Index (Scientific Electronic Library Online) is a database index of about 650 open access journals covering research in Latin America, Spain, Portugal, the Caribbean and South Africa. Updated weekly, covers 1997 to present.
Swain Chemistry & Chemical Engineering Library
News from Stanford's Science Libraries
GREENR is interactive and current, allowing users to navigate issue, organization and country portals. It's a one-stop site dedicated to studying sustainability and the environment. We have trial access through the end of February, 2014.
It seems there is a boot camp for just about everything these days. But have you heard of a boot camp for scientists that teaches best practices for writing and managing code? That's just what the organization Software Carpentry (SWC) is about.
- Sugars may ‘see’ which women have ovarian cancer
- How Midcontinent Rift split land in two
- Scientists create renewable source of fake scents, flavors
- Free birth control doesn’t cause riskier sex
- For privacy, ‘shuffle’ data on cloud servers
- ‘Number sense’ lets kids do basic algebra
- Aerosols may sap hurricanes’ strength
- Blood test predicts Alzheimer’s risk early
- For older drivers, one drink may be too many
- New catalyst may lead to cleaner, cheaper methanol