Swain Chemistry & Chemical Engineering Library
About CSD, SuperStar, and DASH
CSD software licensed by Swain Library is listed below.
CSDS — database & access software
- ConQuest: search interface to the CSD
- Mercury: crystal structure visualization and statistical analysis
- PreQuest: creation of in-house databases
CSDS — knowledge bases derived from the CSD
Life sciences products
- SuperStar: predicting protein-ligand interactions (for use with IsoStar)
- Hermes: pre- and post-docking 3D visualisation (for use with SuperStar)
Powder diffraction (for use with CSD)
- DASH: crystal structure solution from powder diffraction data
The web version is updated weekly. The CD-ROMs are published annually (January–December) and are usually delivered by late November or early December. Updates are available periodically from CCDC News. Access to the previous year’s version expires at the end of March.