Swain Chemistry & Chemical Engineering Library
CSD software is limited to on-campus installation and use. For off-campus access, please use WebCSD.
To request a license key, please bring your Stanford ID to Swain Library’s circulation desk and ask for Aparna Sharma or Grace Baysinger during regular business hours. The same license key is used for all of the programs we have licensed from the Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre.
Conditions of use and download
After accepting the conditions of use, you may download CSD to your computer (SUNet authentication required). It is also possible to install CSD software by checking out the CD-ROMs that are on Reserve at Swain Library. CSD software must be deleted when users graduate or are no longer affiliated with Stanford.
- CSD for PC, Mac, and Unix/Linux
- Cambridge Structural Database: Conditions of use and download
- Remove the old version of CSD before installing the new version
- Hardware requirements
- Release and installation notes: CSD System
- FAQs: How do I install an IP-based license?
- SuperStar (PC and Unix/Linux only)
- DASH (PC only)
- GoldSuite (PC and Unix/Linux only)
Update frequency: The web version is updated weekly. The CD-ROMs are published annually (January–December) and are usually delivered by late November or early December. Updates are available periodically from CCDC news. Access to the previous year’s version expires at the end of March.