You are here
Home » Using the library » Access and privileges » Faculty and staff
Access and privileges
Faculty and staff
Use your Faculty/Staff Campus ID Card to access the Libraries and to borrow library materials. Don’t know where you fall? Please contact Privileges.
All active faculty and staff are eligible for:
- Unlimited checkouts (borrowing periods vary by library and item type)
- Off-campus access to e-resources
- Interlibrary borrowing (delivery of articles and books from other university libraries)
- Borrowing partnerships with UC Berkeley (RLCP), UC Schools (RSP), and Ivy Plus Libraries (BorrowDirect)
- Spouse/domestic partner Courtesy Campus ID Card
- Locker in Green Library
- Copy and print with Campus ID Card
Some staff are eligible for:
|Faculty study carrel assignment in Green Library||yes||yes||no|
|Direct remote borrowing via RLCP, and on-site library privileges through RSP and BorrowDirect||yes||yes||no|
|Proxy Stanford Library card||yes||yes, w/ teaching appt only||no|
Voluntary clinical faculty members
Voluntary clinical faculty members receive Courtesy Cards from the ID card office and do not have the same privileges as regular Stanford faculty.
SLAC staff member should consult Library Resources at SLAC.
- Campus ID Card holders
- Privileges for university & library affiliates
- Visitor access and borrowing
- Lockers and assigned study spaces
- Proxy borrowing
- Libraries with special access policies
- Lost your card?
- Suspended privileges