You are here
Home » Using the library » Access and privileges » Students
Access and privileges
Use your Campus ID Card to access the Libraries and to borrow library materials.
- Unlimited check-outs (borrowing periods vary by library and item type)
- Off-campus access to online library resources
- Interlibrary borrowing (delivery of articles and books from other university libraries)
- Borrowing partnerships with UC Berkeley (RLCP), UC Schools (RSP), and Ivy Plus Libraries (BorrowDirect)
- Spouse/domestic partner Courtesy Campus ID Card
- Locker in Green Library
- Copy and print with Campus ID Card
Graduate student privileges
- The same privileges as undergraduates
- Study carrels in Green Library (Bing Wing)
- Dissertation rooms in Green Library (available for PhD students who have advanced to candidacy)
Your student ID card is deactivated after graduation and is no longer valid for library privileges (even if you remain on campus during the summer). Off-campus access to online resources is also deactivated. Your SUNet ID is valid for 120 days after graduation to give you time to move files, email, etc. If you would like to use the library as an alumni, read about our visitor policy or sign up for the fee-based card.
For any questions or concerns, please contact Privileges.
- Campus ID Card holders
- Privileges for university & library affiliates
- Visitor access and borrowing
- Lockers and assigned study spaces
- Proxy borrowing
- Libraries with special access policies
- Lost your card?
- Suspended privileges