Access and privileges
Lockers and assigned study spaces
- Faculty Studies are small, locked, study rooms (individual or shared) furnished with a desk, chair, and shelving. Studies are available to Faculty only. Renewal applications are requested in May; assignments are issued in September. Currently, there is a waiting list. Junior faculty and faculty in the humanities and social sciences with heavy teaching loads, many advisees, or who live far from campus, are given some favor in assignment decisions. Complete the Faculty Study Application to add your name to the waiting list.
- Dissertation Carrels are small, shared, locked study spaces furnished with a desk, chair, and shelving. No rooms have windows. Carrels are available only to doctoral students who have advanced to candidacy, and there is currently a waiting list. Add your name to the waiting list by completing the Dissertation Room Application. You may be asked by Privileges staff to have a your department administrator verify that you have advanced to candidacy.
- Graduate Student Carrels are open carrels with lockers, located in the Bing Wing. They're available to any grad student, regardless of year, but only 12 are available; there is currently a long waiting list. Complete the Bing Wing Carrel Application to add your name to the waiting list.
- Lockers are available for most Stanford community members, and to short-term Visiting Scholars. Request a locker by completing the Locker Application.
Branch and coordinate libraries
- Some branch and coordinate libraries offer assigned study spaces; restrictions may apply. For more information, contact the particular library in which you are interested.