Access and privileges
Access and borrowing
- Once your Campus Card (ID Card) expires upon graduation, present a valid government-issued photo ID and register at the Visitor Registration Kiosk at either entrance to the Green Library. Visitor Registration is required to enter: Green, Special Collections, Art, East Asia, SAL1&2.
- All public visitors are eligible for seven days of courtesy access to Green Library in a 12-month period. For those with proof of membership in the Stanford Alumni Association (SAA), 7 additional free days are permitted. After these courtesy days are used, additional access and optional borrowing may be obtained through our fee-based Library Membership program. If you purchase borrowing privileges through the program, you may check out up to 25 items at once and place a hold on checked out materials (but no recalls). The fee-based Library Membership does not include a SUNetID for access to online library resources from off-campus.
- Interlibrary borrowing services are not available to fee-based Library Members, nor Alumni.
- Alumni are eligible for off-campus access to limited online resources through the Stanford Alumni Association; contact SAA for more information. Otherwise, off-campus access to SUL-licensed online resources is not available without an active SUNet ID.
- Most databases and other resources are accessible from public terminals in the libraries.
Copying and printing
- Purchase a copy card to pay for printing or photocopying within SUL. See Print, copy, scan for more information.
- Campus ID Card holders
- Privileges for university & library affiliates
- Visitor access and borrowing
- Lockers and assigned study spaces
- Proxy borrowing
- Cards for access & borrowing
- Borrower responsibilities
- Libraries with special policies
- Lost your card?
- Suspended privileges