Access and privileges
Fee-based library cards
You can visit the Libraries seven days a year for no cost. To continue to use the libraries, you will need to purchase a non-refundable Library Card. You must complete the online application for a Stanford Libraries library card before you visit; no walk-ins will be accepted. We will send instructions for paying for your library card after we receive your application. You can renew your card by submitting another application. Lost card replacement fee is $25.
Please note: Fee-based cardholders are not eligible for off-campus access to e-resources, interlibrary borrowing, or lockers/carrels in Green Library.
- Physical access to Stanford Libraries
- In-house use of library materials
- In-house use of most electronic databases and online journals
|12 months||3 months||1 month||1 week||1 day|
Access and borrowing
- Access (see above)
- Place holds
- Online renewals and account access (you'll receive a login PIN)
- Checkout up to 25 items at a time from the following libraries:
- Art & Architecture
- Branner Earth Sciences
- Cubberley Education
- East Asia
- Graduate School of Business
- Science (Li & Ma)
- Stanford Auxiliary (SAL 1&2, SAL3)
- Terman Engineering
|12 months||3 months|
For any questions or concerns, please contact Privileges.
- Campus ID Card holders
- Privileges for university & library affiliates
- Visitor access and borrowing
- Lockers and assigned study spaces
- Proxy borrowing
- Libraries with special access policies
- Lost your card?
- Suspended privileges