Access and privileges
Fee-based library memberships
Visitors and alumni can purchase a library card to borrow library materials and to access Stanford Libraries beyond the number of annual free days. To purchase a non-refundable Library Card, please bring a government-issued ID (driver’s license, passport) and cash or a check to the Privileges desk in Green Library.
Please note: All fee-based cardholders are not eligible for off-campus access to online electronic resources (but may use public computers inside the Libraries for access), interlibrary borrowing, or lockers/carrels in Green Library.
- Physical access to Stanford Libraries
- In-house use of library materials
- In-house use of most electronic databases and online journals
|12 months||3 months||1 month||1 week||1 day|
Access and borrowing
- Access (see above)
- Place holds
- Online renewals and account access (you'll receive a login PIN)
- Checkout up to 25 items at a time from the following libraries:
- Art & Architecture
- Branner Earth Sciences
- Cubberley Education
- East Asia
- Graduate School of Business
- Science (Li & Ma)
- Stanford Auxiliary (SAL 1&2, SAL3)
- Terman Engineering
|12 months||3 months|
For any questions or concerns, please contact Privileges.
- Campus ID Card holders
- Privileges for university & library affiliates
- Visitor access and borrowing
- Lockers and assigned study spaces
- Proxy borrowing
- Cards for access & borrowing
- Borrower responsibilities
- Libraries with special policies
- Lost your card?
- Suspended privileges