MacOS - Firefox
Configuring Firefox 6.x/7.x on Macintosh for off-campus access
- Click on the Firefox Menu, then click Preferences.
- Click the Advanced icon and then click on the Network tab.
- Click the Settings button in the Connection section of the window.
- In the Configure Proxies to Access the Internet window, select Automatic proxy configuration URL.
- Enter this URL in the box below. (This URL must be entered exactly with no spaces):
- Click OK and close all configuration windows.
How to reset your configuration
You may want to reset your configuration if you leave Stanford or if you primarily access e-resources while you are on campus. Using the proxy configuration while on campus may cause extra SUNet ID and password requsts. If you would prefer to avoid this, revert your browser settings as follows:
- Return to the Configure Proxies to Access the Internet window as described above
- Select Use System Proxy Settings
- Click OK, then closed all configuration windows.