MacOS - Safari
Configuring Safari 4.x/5.x on Macintosh for off-campus access
- Click the Safari Menu, then click Preferences.
- Click the Advanced icon tab.
- Next to Proxies click the Change Settings button.
- When the Network configuration window opens, click Proxies in the top navigation bar.
- Check the Automatic Proxy Configuration checkbox.
- When the Proxy Configuration File section appears, enter the following URL. (This URL must be copied exactly with no spaces):
- Click OK, click Apply, then close all configuration windows.
How to reset your configuration
You may want to reset your configuration if you leave Stanford or if you primarily access e-resources while you are on campus. Using the proxy configuration while on campus may cause extra SUNet ID and password requsts. If you would prefer to avoid this, revert your browser settings as follows:
- Return to the Proxies section of the Network configuration window as described above.
- Uncheck the Automatic Proxy Configuration Script checkbox.
- click OK, click Apply, then close all configuration windows.