Can I use these services?
All Stanford faculty, students, staff and visiting scholars may use Interlibrary Borrowing (ILB) and BorrowDirect
- Interlibrary borrowing requests must support teaching, learning, research, or other University-related work.
- All users are part of the core campus community and must have both a University ID card with an affiliation of faculty, student, staff or visiting scholar; a Stanford Libraries' borrowing record in good standing; plus, an active SUNetID.
- Researchers from the professional schools and SLAC are served by specialized ILB departments and should route their requests to them: Stanford Business Library Services | Robert Crown Law Library Interlibrary Loan | Lane Medical Library DocXpress | SLAC Research Library Services
Only Stanford faculty, graduate students and academic staff qualify for enhanced services:
- Longer loan periods: Direct from Berkeley (RLCP) is a service that provides you with an actual UC-Berkeley library account. It is a service behind the scences- when you place an ILB or a BorrowDirect request, if the item is filled by Berkeley the item will be charged to your account at Berkeley then delivered to Stanford by courier. You can view and renew your account online.
- On-site access and borrowing at UC Berkeley Libraries: present your valid Stanford University ID card at UC-Berkeley's circulation desks to check out books.
- On-site access and borrowing cards at other UC Libraries: You may also obtain access and borrowing cards when you visit any of the other UC campus libraries.