Request a book or media
Please note: Our ability to borrow physical items is currently limited due to service curtailments at libraries worldwide caused by COVID-19.
Stanford faculty, students, staff, and visiting scholars may submit Interlibrary Borrowing requests for materials for teaching, learning, research, or other University-related work. Please use your public library for personal items.
Request an item:
- Log into the request form with your SUNet ID.
- Under "New Request," choose the type of item you want to request. Fill in the form, providing as much information about the item as you can.
- Click "Submit Request."
Pick up your item:
- We'll email you when your items arrive. You can review the status of your request in your Interlibrary Borrowing account.
- Items usually arrive within two weeks. Some materials may be harder to obtain and may take longer.
- Most items can be picked up at Green Library's Circulation Desk . Microforms are generally delivered to the Media & Microtext Center. You can use their readers to view microform materials.
- Some materials may only be used within the library. These are placed in the Special Collections Reading Room and are subject to Special Collections use policies.
Contact us if you have questions.