Groups or individuals may make appointments to tour the subject-specific libraries at Stanford. To do so, call or email the relevant contact person below. If you have a particular need or interest (for example, if you are a new faculty member), please include that information in your inquiry.
Earth Sciences Library & Map Collections (Branner): Contact Hannah Winkler at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 724-6242. Orientations are available for the library, the Map Collections, and/or the GIS Services.
East Asia Library: Contact Charles Fosselman at email@example.com or (650) 353-1025, or Zhaohui Xue at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 388-8295. Tours can also be arranged for specific types of materials.
- Chinese materials: Contact Zhaohui Xue at email@example.com or (650) 388-8295, or Qi Qiu at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 384-9872.
- Japanese materials: Contact Regan Murphy Kao at email@example.com or (650) 725-3437.
- Korean materials: Contact Kyungmi Chun at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Self-guided tours (pdf): Individuals are encouraged to explore Green Library at their own pace using the attached pdf. This self-guided tour contains general information about library services, facts about the library, and descriptions of artifacts within Green. Feel free to explore anytime the building is open.
- Group tours: Guided tours are offered to Stanford groups. These tours are an introduction to the physical layout and services of the library, and can occur Mon-Fri, between 9 am - 4 pm (as staffing permits). Tours meet in the east lobby near the Circulation desk, and are 30-40 minutes in length.