xSearch Workshop slides
Please note that many databases licensed by the libraries are not part of xSearch. Please see Databases for a comprehensive list. You may also find it helpful to use Topic Guides which contain print and digital resources. For reference help, please consult a Subject Librarian.
xSearch Workshop slides (October 2018)
Modifying an alert
- Go to xSearch.
- Sign in on right side with SUNet ID (your name should be displayed where signin is afterwards.
- Click on Alerts and choose alert from left navigation area that you want to modify.
- Modify search terms, if desired.
- To change categories and resources within them that are searched in the alert, click on plus sign by category names. You can open all by clicking the first plus sign.
- Next, go to each category and subcategory of interest.
- Click on subcategory name to display resources included in it.
- You can remove resources or add resources by clicking box to the left of the resource name.
- It is possible to select all items at one time by checking the box next to the subcategory name. If you hover your mouse over the name of a particular resource, a brief description about that database is displayed.
- Note to keep subjects more focused, some of the broader resources have been put in the Multidisciplinary category. For example, ebooks, ejournals, patents, methods and protocols, etc.