We can help you borrow books, articles, or other materials that Stanford does not have (so be sure to check SearchWorks or consult with a librarian first!). Check to make sure that you're eligible to use interlibrary services and that the materials are eligible to be borrowed.
During winter closure, December 21, 2013-January 5, 2014, patrons may submit RLCP and ILB requests. Processing of requests submitted during the winter closure will begin on Monday, January 6, 2014.
Stanford patrons: Do not return materials loaned by non-Stanford libraries to campus bookdrops. Return materials to the Green Circulation Desk. Request a return receipt.
The way you borrow from non-Stanford libraries depends on your status at Stanford, how quickly you need the item, and which library owns it. You may be able to submit your request via RLCP (fastest) or Interlibrary Borrowing.
1. Does Stanford own the item? Check SearchWorks
- Get it at Stanford. Find out how
- Continue to #2
2. Are you faculty, graduate student, or academic staff?
3. Are you faculty, student, staff, Visiting Scholar?
- Use Interlibrary Borrowing (casts the widest net)
- You are not eligible for Stanford's interlibrary services.