We can help you borrow books, articles, or other materials that Stanford does not have (so be sure to check SearchWorks or consult with a librarian first!). Check to make sure that you're eligible to use interlibrary services and that the materials are eligible to be borrowed.
During winter closure, December 20, 2014-January 4, 2015, patrons can submit Interlibrary Borrowing (ILB) requests. Processing requests and renewals, submitted during the closure, will begin on Monday, January 5, 2015. (Please review RLCP pages for separate winter closure information.)
Please do not return materials loaned by non-Stanford libraries to campus bookdrops. Return materials to the Green Circulation Desk. Request a return receipt. Beginning on Monday, January 5, 2015, materials returned during the closure will be shipped to the various lending libraries.
Stanford RLCP and Interlibrary Services wishes everyone a restful winter break.
The way you borrow from non-Stanford libraries depends on your status at Stanford, how quickly you need the item, and which library owns it. You may be able to submit your request via RLCP (fastest) or Interlibrary Borrowing.
1. Does Stanford own the item? Check SearchWorks
- Get it at Stanford. Find out how
- Continue to #2
2. Are you faculty, graduate student, or academic staff?
3. Are you faculty, student, staff, Visiting Scholar?
- Use Interlibrary Borrowing (casts the widest net)
- You are not eligible for Stanford's interlibrary services.