Outreach and Instruction Librarian, Learning and Outreach
Prior to coming to Stanford University, I served as a Human Performance Investigator for the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), investigating the human causes of major transportation accidents. I was also the Deputy Scientific and Technical Advisor for Human Factors to the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and a Human Factors Research Scientist at the US Merchant Marine Academy.
- That's Entertainment! The Rhetoric of Hollywood's Inequities
- PWR 1HF: From Ghost Bikes to the Googleplex: Digital Rhetoric and Social Action
- PWR 1CA: The Rhetoric of Gaming
- PWR 2WG: All That Jazz: The Rhetoric of American Musical Theater
- PWR 1TD: Anatomy of a Discipline: Rhetorics of Health, Illness, and Medicine.
B.A., Brandeis University, Psychology (1971)
Ph.D., Stony Brook University, Developmental Psychology (1978)