Authorize your assistant to borrow on your behalf
Stanford faculty can borrow directly from Stanford Libraries or designate a proxy—someone to borrow materials on their behalf.
What to expect
- Stanford faculty can authorize up to two proxies.
- We will issue the proxy a special library card they can use to borrow materials on behalf of the faculty member. This card is valid for one year and is renewable.
- Faculty can view proxy charges, requested items, and bills via My Account.
- Proxies may view the same information via My Library Account by logging in with their proxy library card.
- Faculty are responsible for any item charges incurred by their proxy.
Who can authorize a proxy?
- Stanford faculty
- Emeritus faculty
- Stanford-appointed faculty
- Visiting professors
- Academic staff with a teaching appointment
Who can serve as a proxy?
- Regular Stanford University employees
- Temporary or casual university employees
- Registered and current Stanford students
- Fellows with an active Stanford ID card
- Hired research assistants with an active Stanford ID card
For any questions or concerns, please contact Privileges.