EndNote and EndNote Web
EndNote is software package for creating bibliographies and managing references. Most of Stanford's research databases allow you to export citations into EndNote.
There are three versions available:
- EndNote Basic is a free basic web version.
- EndNote Web is a web-based version of EndNote available to Stanford faculty, students, and staff as part of our subscription to Web of Science. Note that not all of the features available in the standalone version of EndNote are available in EndNote Web.
- EndNote is also available in a stand-alone personal computer format. You can purchase the most current version at the Stanford Bookstore or elsewhere.
To create an EndNote Web account:
- Navigate to Web of Science--All Databases.
- Click on link to access Web of Science.
- On the Web of Science site, under "My Tools", select "EndNote".
- Click on "Register".
- Follow the prompts to register with Web of Science.
- Return to the Web of Science home page and under "My Tools", select "EndNote" again.
- Sign in with the just-created username and password.
- You will need to agree to the terms and conditions before using the service.
- You may want to check out EndNote Web training as well.
Note: If you already have EndNote installed on your computer, you can transfer references to and from libraries with EndNote Web. Transfers are initiated through EndNote.
Using EndNote while off-campus to retrieve articles from databases licensed by Stanford University Libraries:
Documentation and tutorials: