Borrow, renew, return
Course Reserves are items requested by faculty and instructors to be made available for short-term lending from an assigned library circulation desk or from the Media & Microtext Center in Green Library. Items may include library-owned or instructor-owned materials.
Finding reserved items
- Visit the Course Reserves pages in Searchworks.
- Search by Course ID or instructor name and note the library and call number.
- Request the item at the library's Circulation Desk or at the Media & Microtext Center in Green as noted.
- Your instructor may also have placed online course materials in Canvas or Coursework.
Using reserved items
- The loan period is established by the requesting instructor, usually 2 hrs to several days. DVDs on Reserve at the Media & Microtext Center may be used for 4 hours.
- Some libraries permit overnight use of course reserves when picked up before library closing; these items may require a prompt early morning return. Please inquire about the policy on overnight use from the lending library.
- Online renewals in My Account are not permitted. Return items to the Circulation Desk. If no one else is waiting for the item, you may be able to check it out again.
- Late fines are steep! $1 per hour, up to $30 maximum per item.
Please Note: Winter 2017 courses will be added to the Course Reserve Request Form on December 9, 2016. Contact email@example.com if you have questions or if you would like to send a list via email.
- Use the Course Reserve Form to place print & media materials on reserve for your course.
- Use Canvas Stanford's Learning Management System (LMS) to upload course content, deliver assignments and assessments, and create course events and discussion boards.
- If you would like to place personal materials on Reserve at a chosen library, please fill out the Course Reserve Form then deliver the item to the circulation desk with a note for the staff, telling us your contact information and how we may return the items to you (via Interoffice mail or otherwise) at the end of the quarter.
- If the library doesn't own a copy of a title you're interested in, you can still include it on your Course Reserve Form and the reserve staff will rush order a copy.